Friday 29 January 2010

How I Edited The Film

I used several different pieces of software to edit our film. For the camera effect on the home footage scenes I used Adobe Flash, I first imported the movie into Flash and then created the battery, time etc... and placed them over the original video, I then had to export the video as a .mov file to import it into iMovie. I did this also for the news part of the film. Instead of the camera effects I done a news bulletin at the bottom of the screen with scrolling text. For the static effect on the 'Kings Forest' text for example I also used Adobe Flash. I first wrote out the text then changed the alpha on the first and last frame. I then created a motion tween to make the text fade in and out, I then removed the text on several frames to make the text flash and give it the static effect, the reason we decided on the static effect was because it is a code of horror. I then had to export the video as a .mov file to import it into iMovie. For the 'jumping' effect on the ghost I used a psychotic effect on Photo Booth on my MacBook. I then recorded my cousin walking towards the camera will the effect was on, the finished result can be seen in the film. Finally to have the soundtrack and effects running over the video I imported the clips into iMovie then muted or lowered the volume on them and then ran the soundtrack over the top. While doing this I included sound bridges and dips in the volume to make the film more realistic.


29/03/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment